Communications & Social Media Specialist
Position: Communications & Social Media Specialist
Compensation: Exempt-level position
Position location: NDC/Marketing Department/Charlotte, NC
This position is responsible for developing and implementing efforts to support BSA's external communications, including social media and content development. Supports ongoing management of select BSA social channels and content. Contributes to communications and social media strategy to help further the mission of the BSA. Recommends and implements strategies to achieve communications goals for assigned products or services for departments, market segments, or volunteers.
The individual in this position will:
- Develop communications plans, research, designs, and execute them per BSA's organizational objectives
- Develop content that can be utilized across BSA channels
- Offer recommendations about new BSA communications vehicles and strategies
- Collaborate with team to develop communications for proactive PR priorities’ issues management, and internal employee and volunteer engagement
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PR and Social Media expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in social media, and experience in developing and implementing strategies via content and channel management.
- Must be self-motivated.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: Resume.supply@Scouting.org , or drop off at the Human Resources office. The subject line of the email, should include the words, “Communications & Social Media Specialist”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: http://www.scouting.org/Careers/EmploymentOpportunities/Supply.aspx