Position: Tax Accountant
Compensation: Exempt position
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
The Tax Accountant maintains a complete and systematic set of transactions in specific areas of accounting. Responsible for tax controls and staying up to date with prevailing government regulations and reporting requirements to meet overall system needs of the organization. Keep apprised of reporting and tax due to assure timely processing. Reconciles and analyzes activity in specific accounts and investments and prepares returns from Excel worksheets.
- Coordinates payments of accounts payable with outside vendors. Reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Analysis of sponsorships and fundraising contracts to ensure compliance with Federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes computer to input, retrieve and prepare tax returns. Maintains organization’s tax records and files. Responsible for more complex tax analyses and reporting. Coordinates and requests accounting information from other departments, locations and business segments.
- Works independently, performing a variety of non-routine accounting functions involved with analyzing the general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Administers taxes and other general accounting functions. Analysis and preparation of tax returns, supporting documentation and summaries ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university is required.
- A minimum of five years of directly relatable experience preferably in a Non-Profit setting.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate general accounting and exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft products, specifically Excel and Word.
- Account research, analysis and reconciliation of complex accounting issues experience required. PeopleSoft financials experience preferred.
- Tax preparation experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- High initiative self-starter who can work in a cross functional environment supporting multiple managers.
- Great attention to detail, highly organized with multi-tasking skills.
How to apply:
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org
. The subject line of the email should state Tax Accountant
.(Internal candidates applying should also include the word Internal
in the subject line.)