Senior Program Assistant
Position: Senior Program Assistant
Compensation: Non-Exempt Level position
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
The Senior Program Assistant provides specific functional program support to the group, department or team responsible for serving one or more of the core programs of the BSA. Conducts various data analyses and reports regarding aspects of the programs. Provides support and assistance to the International Department, as well as to councils, districts, membership and volunteers.
- Provides administrative support to specific program management, local council support staff and various volunteers.
- Maintains and assembles specific information materials and communications in support of the program.
- Provides support to other program specialists, administrators and management regarding the program.
- Assists in producing routine reports, including budget and financial reports and analysis regarding program operations and status.
- Prepares and distributes routine communications, announcements and materials for specific program.
- Responds to program questions and resolves basic problems or concerns regarding the program specifications and activities.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in administrative role is required.
- Candidates possessing intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word strongly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills that include superb verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail. Willingness to answer calls and respond to inquiries in a timely manner. Ability to interact effectively with volunteers, committee members, and council employees is an absolute requirement for this role.
- Demonstrated experience to initiate the writing of correspondence and handle multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Must be a proactive self-starter and take initiative to identify and complete tasks to assist team members to work effectively and efficiently. Ability to work well in a team environment and willingness to exceed expectations is required to be successful in this position.
- Positive disposition, attention to detail, flexible, and adaptable with the ability to learn new tasks quickly while multi-tasking many responsibilities and projects simultaneously with concurrent deadlines is required.
- Knowledge of Scouting, BSA programs or similar nonprofit organizations is desired.
- Eligible to be certified as an Alternate Responsible Officer with the U.S. State Department.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume with a cover letter to: Resume.Staff@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, "Senior Program Assistant-International". (Internal candidates applying should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)