Senior Procurement Administrator
Position: Senior Procurement Administrator
Compensation: Exempt Level position; salary commensurate with skills and experience
Team: Council Services
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Administers the procurement processes to include e-procurement activities which include strategic sourcing, negotiating supplier and vendor contracts, evaluating contract terms and agreements to ensure suppliers and vendors are in adherence and negotiating and pricing products for assigned categories. Responsible for a variety of specified merchandise categories and has open-to-buy authority. Obtains goods and services at cost savings through vendor negotiations and promotional opportunities. Manages procurement system and integrity of source data. Manages and maintains continuous business relationships with assigned vendors.
- Evaluates and negotiates contracts for goods and services. Manages vendor relationships and contracts. Manages pricing and contract/vendor information in e-procurement system.
- Advises customers on rates, contracts, market information and the procurement process. Evaluates the quality of goods and services to ensure that customer expectations are met. Manages vendor, purchasing and delivery issues.
- Sources, negotiates and prices products and services for assigned categories. Establishes supplier and vendor contracts, evaluates contract terms and agreements. Monitors contract compliance.
- Provides business performance analysis and reports on procurements data to management. Analyzes procurement dynamics to other data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations.
- Manages budgets, capital purchase inventories and liquidation of surplus items.
- Develops and distributes contracts, Request for Proposal (RFP), information and quotes relative to the procurement processes. Determines the purchasing needs and recommends approved products and service providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of five years of relative work experience preferred.
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CP)P or Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) preferred.
- Previous experience in contract development, negotiation and vendor management is essential.
- Experience with e-Procurement systems and e-Procurement systems management preferred.
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply: Qualified candidates must email a resume and a cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Senior Procurement Administrator.