Director. Compensation and Benefits
Position: Director, Compensation and Benefits
Compensation: Exempt Level position; salary commensurate with skills and experience
Department: Human Resources
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Advises senior leadership regarding the strategy, design, development, implementation and administration of human resources programs and policies covering the following areas: compensation, benefits, retirement and HRIS. Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations and BSA policies related to these functions.
- Manages, coaches, develops and establishes goals to ensure employees perform and meet goals and objectives in support of the BSA strategic plan, initiatives and department objectives.
- Gives leadership to the development, implementation and administration of compensation and benefits programs, policies, procedures, projects, initiatives and human resources systems.
- Develops compensation and benefits strategies, programs and policies by leveraging technology and best practices to provide top tier programs and services to the BSA at all levels, including retirees.
- Ensures the highest quality and most cost-efficient vendor and contract services are provided to the BSA.
- Directs the management of vendor selection, relationships, contracts and policies.
- Ensures alignment with internal and external benchmarks and works within approved guidelines.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation and benefits laws and regulations in order to safeguard company compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required..
- A minimum of ten years’ relevant experience.
- Eight or more years of management and project management experience.
- Proven experience leading, instructing and developing a team.
- Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification strongly preferred.
- Financial or accounting background along with practical and applicable certifications, licenses and experience related to HRIS, retirement, compensation and benefits.
- Advanced analytical skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, Strong communication skills with an ability to present materials in a group setting.
- Ability to problem solve complex situations and transfer knowledge and experience gained from other situations to successfully address new issues.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive situations and information effectively.
- Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and high expectations for performance. Leads by example and sets strong professional and personal standards.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume with a cover letter and salary history to:Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Department Mgr, Comp &