Digital Magazine Editor (Digital Producer)
Position: Digital Magazine Editor (Digital Producer)
Compensation: Exempt Position
Team: Publishing Administration
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Responsible for bringing content to digital iterations of Boys’ Life, Scouting and Eagles’ Call magazines; handling all steps of the editorial production process from start to finish; and ensuring seamless translation to digital editions for both original content repurposed print content while advising the editorial staff on ways to develop and enhance digital presentations.
- Maintain relationship with in-house contractors and oversee the production of the digital iterations of Boy’s Life and Scouting Magazine.
- Work with print production and photography departments to transition magazine content to digital iterations.
- Develop, assign, schedule and edit daily online coverage of relevance to Boy’s Life readers as well as regular features as needed.
- Plan the promotion of articles on the site’s home page and hub pages.
- Oversee the work of freelance writers, photo edits, videographers, designers and technical producers.
- Maintain editorial schedule and coordinate with internal and external edit sources to ensure projects are completed and launched on time.
- Quality check all online copy to ensure sites are error free.
- Work with other editors to plan and produce video content for use on digital and social media platforms.
- Identify new social/digital engagement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of five years of digital producer/ online editorial management experience.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat preferred.
- Project management, account management, publishing and/or agency experience.
- Presentation and meeting facilitation skills and comfort appearing on camera a plus.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, quizzes, polls and other forms of online interactivity.
- Experience with meeting tight deadlines and overseeing many simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skillset.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Digital Magazine Editor.