Department Manager, Information Technology
Position: Department Manager, Information Technology
Compensation: Exempt Level position; salary commensurate with skills and experience
Department: Information Technology
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Partners with CIO and leads the technology direction for the enterprise. Applies current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems to ensure the BSA’s competitive position. Responsible for the transformation of capital, i.e. monetary, intellectual or innovation into technology in support of the BSA’s strategic objectives. Requires a strong technical or scientific background with business development skills. Leads the strategic direction to drive the technology assets of the company.
- Interprets the company’s business strategies and develops systems, data architecture and application architecture to achieve the business objectives.
- Responsible for design, development, testing and deployment of company software applications and their services, including full system life cycle management.
- Manages strategic vendor and partner relationship concerning technology.
- Responsible for leadership of the department staff, including establishing job duties and position requirements, hiring, training, coaching, reviewing performance and rewarding performance.
- Develops policies and procedures which insures quality and secure business applications are delivered within budget and on time.
- Oversees the delivery scheduled for the project workload and provides status reports to the CIO.
- Actively participates in long-range strategy planning for the Information Delivery Group.
- Helps with technology vision, enables innovation, understands and implements the IT trends that can create business value.
- Develops and manages enterprise standards and technology for technology architecture, evaluation and transfer, along with the IT governance process.
- Works closely in alignment with the company’s business leadership teams. Participates in and drives the technical aspects of strategic decisions regarding IT for the enterprise.
- Influences company business strategies through the timely presentation of technological capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required.
- A minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience.
- Five years’ experience with scalable platforms for delivering services; delivering security services to a remote sales, distribution or franchise organization.
- Ten years’ experience delivering services to a large group (One million or more) from a central computing platforms including managing budgets and spending.
- Experience managing technology vendors in accordance with a vendor portfolio strategy.
- Proven experience leading, instructing and developing a team.
- Advanced analytical skills with strong communication skills and an ability to present materials in a group setting.
- Ability to problem solve complex situations and transfer knowledge and experience gained from other situations to successfully address new issues.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and high expectations for performance. Leads by example and sets strong professional and personal standards.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Department Mgr, Information Technology. (Internal candidates applying should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)